Local history

Hutchison

The area of Hutchison was named after Sir Thomas Hutchinson who was Lord Provost of Edinburgh in the 1920’s, when the new area was planned.

Chesser
The area of Chesser was named after John William Chesser who was Convener of Edinburgh Markets in 1912.

Boundary communities
The Hutchison-Chesser area is boundaried by Saughton in the North and East, Craiglockhart in the South and Longstone and Slateford in the West.